Do you have an Ender 3/3 Pro or Ender 5/5 Pro with the V4.2.2 or V4.2.7 board and want a stable firmware with the latest features? Looking to get a V4.2.7 board? Get it here from TH3D.
Board Limitations Note: Due to the design of the Creality boards with TMC drivers Linear Advance will probably not work correctly. The feature is available but use at your own risk.
Maybe you're adding our EZABL kit to the machine. This is the download for you. Directions are below.
This firmware is ONLY for the Ender 3/3 Pro or Ender 5/5 Pro with the new V4.2.X board from Creality. If you have the older V1.1.X board you will need to use the firmware for the Melzi Board.
Supports our EZABL Pro Auto Bed Leveling Kit - sensor mount STL file included in download.
Printer Board Firmware Update
NOTE: Every time you flash the firmware it must start with firmware followed by random numbers/letters. It must be a different file name every time you flash. This is a limitation with the bootloader on these boards. It will NOT rename the file like other boards after it flashes.
- Setup VSCode with our installation guide
- Download the firmware
- Extract the files to a folder on your computer
- Open the folder labeled "Firmware" in VSCode
- Open the Configuration.h file that is located under the "Marlin" folder on the left side of the VSCode screen
- Ender 3: In the Configuration.h file, uncomment (remove the 2 / in front of #define) the ENDER3_V422_BOARD or ENDER3_V427_BOARD line and any other options you are going to use in the firmware
Ender 5: In the Configuration.h file, uncomment (remove the 2 / in front of #define) the ENDER5_V422_BOARD or ENDER5_V427_BOARD line and any other options you are going to use in the firmware
Uncomment the option for the board version you have.
- Click the ✓ at the bottom of VSCode to compile the firmware. The firmware will compile. This may take 1-5 minutes depending on the speed of your computer and internet connection
- On the left side of VSCode expand ".pio" and "build" until you see the STM32F103RET6_creality folder. Right click on the STM32F103RET6_creality folder and click "Reveal in File Explorer"
- In the file explorer open the STM32F103RET6_creality folder
- Look for the latest firmware-XXXXXXXX-XXXXX.bin file and copy that to your SD card. This SD card must be FAT32 formatted. If you compiled more than one time you will see multiple firmware files. Use the latest one based on the date the file has.
- Power OFF your printer and Insert the SD card with the latest firmware-XXXXXXXX-XXXXX.bin file into your printer. Turn the printer on. It will take a little longer than normal to boot up.
- When the printer boots you will see the TH3D logo on your LCD. Make sure to reset your EEPROM on your printer after flashing any firmware. You can do this from your printer LCD or by sending a M502 followed by M500 with your favorite Gcode sender application.
THIS FIRMWARE AND ALL OTHER FILES IN THE DOWNLOAD ARE PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE FROM TH3D STUDIO LLC. SUPPORT IS NOT INCLUDED JUST BECAUSE YOU DOWNLOADED THE FIRMWARE.
TH3D STUDIO LLC IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PRINTER, PERSON, OR ANY OTHER PROPERTY DUE TO USE OF THIS FIRMWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS THEN DO NOT USE THE FIRMWARE.
We do not maintain a full change log for this firmware. However, you can track all changes and modifications to our firmware code on the GitHub repo for Unified 2 Firmware.