Do you have a Sunlu S8 and want a stable firmware with the latest features?
BOARD NOTE: Some S8 have been shipping with a board with "SH_2560_A4988" on the PCB. If you have this board make sure to enable the option in the firmware for that particular board. If your board does not have the "SH_2560_A4988" on the PCB then all that is needed is the SUNLU_S8 line.
Maybe you're adding our EZABL kit to the machine. This is the download for you. Directions are below.
Supports our EZABL Pro Auto Bed Leveling Kit - sensor mount STL file included in download.
Printer Board Firmware Update
These printers update over the USB cable from your PC to the printer.
Make sure to have a USB cable ready.
- Setup VSCode with our installation guide
- Download the firmware
- Extract the files to a folder on your computer
- Open the folder labeled "Firmware" in VSCode
- Open the Configuration.h file that is located under the "Marlin" folder on the left side of the VSCode screen
- In the Configuration.h file, uncomment (remove the 2 / in front of #define) the SUNLU_S8 line and any other options you are going to use in the firmware
- Click the ✓ at the bottom of VSCode to compile the firmware. The firmware will compile. This may take 1-5 minutes depending on the speed of your computer and internet connection
- If the build succeeds plug in your printer to your computer with the USB cable.
- Now click the arrow (right pointing) to upload to the printer board.
Please note that on machines with multiple COM ports you may have to select the COM port manually. Please see our VSCode COM port selection article to see how to do that.
- The firmware will upload to the printer board over USB.
DO NOT UNPLUG THE PRINTER OR RESET YOUR COMPUTER.
Interrupting the flashing can "brick" your board and if this happens you will need to reflash the bootloader with a programmer (like an Ardiuno UNO) before you can flash again.
- When the printer boots you will see the TH3D logo on your LCD. Make sure to reset your EEPROM on your printer after flashing any firmware. You can do this from your printer LCD or by sending a M502 followed by M500 with your favorite Gcode sender application.
THIS FIRMWARE AND ALL OTHER FILES IN THE DOWNLOAD ARE PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE FROM TH3D STUDIO LLC. SUPPORT IS NOT INCLUDED JUST BECAUSE YOU DOWNLOADED THE FIRMWARE.
TH3D STUDIO LLC IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PRINTER, PERSON, OR ANY OTHER PROPERTY DUE TO USE OF THIS FIRMWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS THEN DO NOT USE THE FIRMWARE.
We do not maintain a full change log for this firmware. However, you can track all changes and modifications to our firmware code on the GitHub repo for Unified 2 Firmware.