DISCLAIMER: This firmware is being put out as a courtesy for people who want to use the EZBoard in their custom printer. Setup and usage of this firmware is *not* covered under the technical support included with the EZBoard. Using the EZBoard in a custom printer is an advanced setup for users who know what they are doing.
EZFirmware Site - This firmware can be used with our EZFirmware compile site. Just edit and upload the Configuration.h file to the config file upload page here: https://ezfirmware.th3dstudio.com/upload/. Editing this configuration the EZFirmware site is not and will not be added to the EZFirmware site as it is an advanced, non-supported configuration.
Compatible LCDs - This firmware is setup to use specific LCDS
- Single Cable (EXP3) Creality LCD
- TH3D 12864 LCD with the Dual Cable LCD adapter board
- BTT TFT35-E3 with serial+EXP3 plugs
- For the BTT TFT35-E3 wiring and warnings see our guide here: EZBoard - Lite V1.X - BTT TFT35-E3 Wiring and Firmware Setup
Printer Board Firmware Update
- Setup VSCode with our installation guide
- Download the firmware
- Extract the files to a folder on your computer
- Open the folder labeled "Firmware" in VSCode
- Open the Configuration.h file that is located under the "Marlin" folder on the left side of the VSCode screen
- In the Configuration.h file set all your machine options that are for your specific machine. There are directions in the file itself on how to determine different settings and values to use for your custom printer setup.
- Click the ✓ at the bottom of VSCode to compile the firmware. The firmware will compile. This may take 1-5 minutes depending on the speed of your computer and internet connection
- On the left side of VSCode expand ".pioenvs" until you see the LPC1769 folder. Right click on the LPC1769 folder and click "Reveal in File Explorer"
- In the file explorer open the LPC1769 folder
- Look for the latest firmware.bin file and copy that to your SD card. This SD card must be FAT32 formatted.
- Power OFF your printer and Insert the SD card with the latest firmware.bin file into your printer. Turn the printer on. It will take a little longer than normal to boot up.
- When the printer boots you will see the TH3D logo on your LCD. Make sure to reset your EEPROM on your printer after flashing any firmware. You can do this from your printer LCD or by sending a M502 followed by M500 with your favorite Gcode sender application.
THIS FIRMWARE AND ALL OTHER FILES IN THE DOWNLOAD ARE PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE FROM TH3D STUDIO LLC. SUPPORT IS NOT INCLUDED JUST BECAUSE YOU DOWNLOADED THE FIRMWARE.
TH3D STUDIO LLC IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PRINTER, PERSON, OR ANY OTHER PROPERTY DUE TO USE OF THIS FIRMWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS THEN DO NOT USE THE FIRMWARE.
We do not maintain a full change log for this firmware. However, you can track all changes and modifications to our firmware code on the GitHub repo for Unified 2 Firmware.