If you flash firmware incorrectly you can risk “bricking” the plug. The plugs are sealed and cannot be reflashed with a programmer without opening the plug casing, which usually means the plug gets damaged. If you do not want to run the risk of damaging your plug, then do not attempt to flash with the standard version of Tasmota. All our EZHome firmware releases are fully tested and guaranteed to work with the plugs.
You are welcome to use standard Tasmota with your EZPlug but this is not covered under technical support. Only when using the EZPlug with our firmware is our support team able to assist with using the plug. This is because we pre-setup and calibrate values for the plugs to make sure things work correctly out of the box. Converting to the standard Tasmota firmware is for advanced users.
Tasmota Templates #
Tasmota 9.1 and Later:
Tasmota 9.0 and Older:
Converting the EZPlug from our Firmware to Tasmota #
You can download the latest Tasmota releases from their release page here: https://github.com/arendst/Tasmota/releases.
- Download the latest tasmota-minimal.bin and flash it from the GUI
- Download the latest tasmota.bin and flash it from the GUI
- Reset the EZPlug configuration to clear out our config to prevent errors
- In Configuration > Configure Other input the template above for your plug and Tasmota version.
- Check the “Activate” Box and then click “Save”
- The plug will restart and apply the template
- Use it with standard Tasmota!
We only guarantee compatibility with our releases of Tasmota for the EZPlug. While the plugs work with Tasmota, we cannot guarantee that all Tasmota releases will work correctly with the plugs as they make future releases. We will try to keep our release updated as new Tasmota releases are released after we qualify them in house.
Power calibration on Standard Tasmota #
Our firmware contains pre-calibration for US voltage. If you use standard Tasmota you will want to calibrate the plug using the Tasmota power calibration guide in order to get accurate power data.